HR Approach and Philosophy
O. E. Inc. helps to instill a positive corporate philosophy that will help their clients gain a competitive advantage though the way of improved cost efficiency and productivity. O. E. Inc. does this by implementing a native Japanese concept of "going to the spot" approach to solve problems. This dynamic and results oriented program will guarantee significant returns on the bottom line of your organization along with a long-term sustainable solution. Top executives and managers will be able to further develop their leadership skills. The key to successfully implementing this program is the commitment from the clients top executives.
Recruitment and Selection
- Support management on all aspects of the employment life cycle; through staffing needs analysis, job descriptions, job postings, advertisement, pre-screen, creation of behavioral based interview questions, the interview process, selection, pre-employment assessments, reference, educational, criminal checks, offers of employment and termination letters.
- Review Benefits and Compensation against industry current practises.
- Conduct pay equity assessments for new positions and annual maintenance for existing positions.
- Defend companies position for pay equity investigations.
- Contribute to total compensation bench-marking to assess the corporation’s competitiveness within the market, and provided recommendations to ensure market alignment.
- Audit benefit administration (STD/LTD/Medical Leaves, Health & Life Benefits) and pension plans for current and retirees and determined the projected cost burden for the company.
- Function as the liaison with payroll administrators, accounting and insurance carriers for data integrity.
Training and Development
- Develop and present training programs for staff and management such as: specific on-the-job training, corporations’ values, culture and skills, progressive disciplinary processes.
- Source qualified experts to conduct training to achieve the client’s new directive.
- Analyze and evaluate data from surveys, interviews and performance indicators to confirm training alignment with the corporation’s vision, values and strategic business objectives.
- In collaboration with management, modify and improve programs based on the results of a needs analysis, new regulations or company initiatives.
- Develop, source, recommend and encourage staff to participate in continuous learning and development to ensure future skills align with both the client’s and individual growth.
- Organize and support orientation/on-boarding of new hires.
- Strategically aligned companies practices with employment legislation.
- Foster talent management and development through the creation of succession plans and retention plans.
- Counsel and support managers and salaried employees in the interpretation and application of policies, collective agreements and procedures to resolve issues related to recruitment, compensation, disciplinary action, and seniority.
- Direct and administer culture surveys, 360 and engagement. Process results and determined corrective and preventative actions.
- Develop, organize and participate in annual performance appraisal reviews for staff.
- Assist management to identify under performers and created a Performance Improvement Plan or Exit Strategy.
- Lead multi-disciplinary continuous improvement/problem solving teams for topics related to: human resources, quality, health and safety.
- Mediate labour disputes and grievances.
- Support arbitration and common law cases.
Leadership and Business Strategy
- Contribute to the business strategic plan by project identification, prioritization, and building organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Define, track, analyze, trend and report key performance indicators (metrics) to support business decisions.
- General business acumen and creative strategic planning.
Project Management/Change Leadership
- Manage all aspects of projects to be on time, in budget and within scope, including, but not limited to: project plan development, budget, track, trend, performance management, communications, evaluate, leading cross-functional work teams and stakeholder engagement.
- Chair and participate on teams that improve workflow efficiency through automation, departmental processes and tools, standardization of forms and documentation.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical problem-solving, time management, organizational and presentation skills.
HR Standards, Policy Development and Implementation
- Author, design, implement, manage and maintain handbooks, manuals, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in legislative requirements including: Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Privacy Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Labour Relations Act, Accessibility for Ontarian's with Disabilities Act (AODA), Bill 168 etc.
- Evaluate industry publications and performed risk management to confirm compliance.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in accordance to the privacy act.
- Develop legally complaint processes such as: harassment investigations, progressive disciplinary actions and pay equity review.